Grant funding recognises vital work of volunteers in Lindsay
The Morrison Government is backing volunteers across Lindsay, with more than $77,000 secured for vital organisations through the Volunteer Grants program.
Grants of between $1,000 and $5,000 to help community organisations for a range of needs, including buying equipment, paying fuel costs, training volunteers or improving their fundraising have been allocated.
Senator Marise Payne, Minister for Families and Social Services Paul Fletcher and Liberal candidate for Lindsay Melissa McIntosh announced the successful recipients at a community morning tea this morning.
27 organisations which work across Lindsay will receive grants.
Melissa McIntosh said volunteers embody the very best of the community. “Volunteers are the backbone of our community and it is their work which helps to make Lindsay such a great place to live.
“Organisations like Mama Lana’s provide hot meals and care packages to people who are homeless or vulnerable within the community, they do such great work here in Lindsay.”
Senator Payne said volunteering greatly benefits the community – both socially and economically.
“Australia has 8.7 million volunteers and the enormous value of their volunteering is estimated at $390 billion per year,” Senator Payne said.
“Securing this funding for our volunteers started last year when I wrote to community organisations so it’s great to see this process come full circle.
“This will make a real difference to these organisations who, unfortunately, often struggle to make ends meet.”
Managing Director of Mama Lana’s Community Foundation Lana Borg said: “We feel very honoured to have received the Volunteer Grant that recognises the valuable effort that our Foundation’s volunteers put in day after day to help homeless and disadvantaged people in our community,” Ms Borg said.
The Morrison Government’s strong economic management is why we can afford to provide the essential services Australians rely on and support the good work of our volunteers.
Lindsay Volunteer Grant recipients
- Penrith Disabilities Resource Centre Incorporated
- Fusion Australia Ltd - Western Sydney
- GREAT COMMUNITY TRANSPORT INC LAWSON
- Nepean Food Services Inc
- Madi Ethnic Community Welfare Association Incorporated
- Museum of Fire Inc
- EDMUND RICE CAMPS BALMAIN
- Leep NGO
- help2help Limited
- KARTING (NEW SOUTH WALES) INCORPORATED
- Cambridge Park/Cranebrook Junior Rugby League Club Incorporated
- Penrith City Australian National Servicemens Association Incorporated
- Anglican Church Property Trust Diocese of Sydney SYDNEY
- Nepean Hospital Volunteers
- Zonta Club of Nepean Valley Incorporated
- ST JOHN AMBULANCE AUSTRALIA (N.S.W.) BURWOOD
- Penrith City Choir Incorporated
- Thornton Community Group Incorporated
- Nepean District Historical Society Inc
- St Thomas' Anglican Church Cranebrook
- Mama Lana's Community Foundation
- Rotary Club of Penrith Valley Incorporated
- Nepean Community & Neighbourhood Services SOUTH PENRITH
- Second Chance Toys N.S.W. Incorporated
- Country Women's Association of NSW Penrith Branch
- Cancer Wellness Support Incorporated
- Cancer Council NSW